Monday, May 14, 2018

New Board Chair Announcement

Dear ISB Community,

After three wonderful years in Beijing, full of incredible experiences at ISB, our family has moved from China. As such, I will not be returning to the Board of Trustees next year. Over the weekend, following our election and appointment cycles, Trustees voted to select a new Chair. As per Board Policy, the new Chair takes office immediately following the meeting in which the vote is conducted.

I am pleased to announce that Doug Cougle is now serving in this capacity. Doug has spent two years on the Board, this year holding the positions of Secretary and Chair of the Strategic Governance Committee. Doug has made invaluable contributions to a number of key areas through a significant investment of time and effort. He brings an ability to think strategically and practically, as well as a strong personal commitment to ISB's mission and vision. With more than 18 years living in China and a wide range of international business experience, Doug is well-equipped for the role of Chair.

As I reflect on my time on the Board, I do so with humility and gratitude. It is rare to find such a hardworking and engaged group of volunteers. I thank my fellow Trustees for the thousands of hours that they collectively contribute each year. Often, the work is not easy, but that didn't sway them from doing what is right for our school and students - now and in the future. To our Head of School, administration, faculty and staff - you make strategy reality. Without your expertise and energy, our Board would not be able to do the work we need to do. I am proud of what we have accomplished as a team.

I learned a great deal during my tenure on the Board, and, like our students, will carry those lessons with me as I move on from ISB. Perhaps even more importantly, I will treasure the people that became great friends over the years. All of us are forever connected to ISB and I will hold dear my "parent alumni" status - once a Dragon, always a Dragon.

Warm regards,

Nadine Pettman
Past Chair, Board of Trustees



from Finalsite Academy News https://ift.tt/2IgnwUm

No comments:

Post a Comment