Thursday, March 22, 2018

Cathay Zeng

Cathay Zeng

Children at ISB: Grade 5 & 7

13910753073@163.com

1.

Please provide a brief statement of interest as to why you want to run for the Board.

 

As an entrepreneur, active parent and member of non-profit parenting association, I have keen interest in the success of our students. I have my elder son enrolled in ISB in 2016 and second one enrolled the year after. As a parent with two young boys, I understand the significance and impact of educational policy in our school community. We are living in a changing world, a key issue for school boards is to create a long-term vision, mapping a course that provides the necessary opportunities students need to reach their full potential. I believe that a school board must be responsive and receptive to parents, staff, students and the community at large, encouraging an open dialog I have been working in finance industry for two decade. I have worked collaboratively with people of many different backgrounds and worldviews. I have brought people around the table to find common ground and take action together on solutions. I believe my unique combination of working experience and volunteer experience can make valuable contribution to the educational needs and goals of our community. I am dedicated to serve our school to grow even stronger and prepare our children for their future.

 

2.

In what ways have you supported ISB and/or other schools your children have attended?

 

I used to work as a PTA member for a local school before my two kids transferred to ISB. I worked for three years in that role, actively participated in PTA activities, organised many high profile events, including reading competition, museum visiting, charity sale etc, greatly bridged communication between parents and the school. As I am a committee member of a non-profit parenting association, I have got very good access to education and parenting resources. By taking advantage of this role, I have invited well-known parenting experts to give lectures for parents, and organized several forums to discuss education topics. As a volunteer guide for the National museum of China, I have introduced the museum staff to local school, to discuss corporation between local school and museum.

Although I am not a PTA member in ISB, I try to get involved in PTA and school activities as much as I can. For example, I was a homeroom parent last year, joined performance in PTA annual party, supported the charity run etc. When some parents voiced their concern on Chinese teaching, I stood up and arranged meeting with head of school for discussion.

 

3.

How will your skills and prior experience (volunteer or paid) benefit the Board of Trustees and ISB?

 

My working experience and volunteer experience can make immediate contribution. I used to run a subsidiary of a foreign bank in China, have very good sense of corporate governance and My working experience and volunteer experience can make immediate contribution to the Board of Trustees and ISB. I have been working in the finance industry for two decades, thanks to this experience ,I can work under pressure and have skills of fighting to meet target while balancing interest of related parties. I used to run a subsidiary of a foreign bank in China as CEO, have very good sense of corporate governance and high awareness of compliance and risk. There are two volunteer jobs I am taking right now, firstly, I am a committee member of a non-profit parenting organization-Parents-Children Association of China, which is by far the largest on-line parenting class of China. This role offers unique access to the parenting resources, where I get to know many experts in parenting area and have the channel to reach local kindergartens and schools; secondly, I work as a volunteer guide for the National Museum of China. I took this role three years ago as I am a big fan of Chinese traditional culture, through the language of traditional culture, I may help the Board of Trustees members to get better understanding of China.

 



from Finalsite Academy News http://ift.tt/2FT8YwO

No comments:

Post a Comment