Thursday, March 22, 2018

Xiaoping Cao

Xiaoping Cao

Children at ISB: Grade 1 & 4

Xiaoping_cao@yahoo.com

1.

Please provide a brief statement of interest as to why you want to run for the Board.

 

Here are the reasons why I want to run for the Board:

  • My family and I are closely connected with the school as we have integrated school activities into our daily life. I was fortunate to be selected into the Board in September last year and had opportunities to see the Board in action. I participated in multiple board activities, discussions and committees. Serving on the Board provides me opportunity to enforce and refine the school vision, mission, purpose and philosophy.
  • I believe that the Board plays a crucial role in school strategic directions and long-term goals that have direct impact on every student in the School. Meanwhile, I realize that we should constantly think about continuous improvement and keep up with the evolving global and China environment. As part of the community with two children enrolled in ISB, I feel responsible to ensure the school provides the best education.
  • I believe that my academic background, my cultural immersion in both China and the US, my ability to think strategically, my business training, my communication skills and my habit for continuous improvement would help the Board define and achieve strategic goals best for the School and Students.

 

2.

In what ways have you supported ISB and/or other schools your children have attended?

 

I have supported ISB in following ways:

  • I have served as a selected Board member since September 2017. After spending time to complete orientation and training as a Board member, I participated in board meetings on school strategic topics. I have not only contributed to the discussions but also made suggestions on how the Board can improve its performance.
  • I have served as a member on Marketing Committee and Mission/Vision Committee. The committees consist of board members as well as school leaders, providing great opportunities to interact with them and gain their input.
  • I have also attended parent meetings and school activities. These activities provided me opportunities not only to make contribution to the School but also to interact with other parents and listen to their concerns.

 

3.

How will your skills and prior experience (volunteer or paid) benefit the Board of Trustees and ISB?

 

I believe that my following skills and experience would benefit the Board of Trustees and ISB:

  • Strategic thinking and consensus building: I have had various scientific and managerial roles through my career. With those roles and my business experience, I have been trained as a strategic and independent thinker as we often need to define various business and R&D strategies. I am skilled in navigating diverse and cross-functional teams to build consensus or seek the best solution from different perspectives.
  • Being scientific and analytical: I had education in both China and US: Tsinghua University for undergraduate, PhD from University of Wisconsin-Madison and MBA from University of Connecticut. I have lived and worked in both China and the US for long time. Deep immersion and understanding with Chinese and American cultures makes me appreciate and respect the diversity at ISB and work well in this diverse environment.
  • Communication and continuous improvement: I have good communication skills in both English and Chinese. I am a certified lean six sigma green belt for continuous improvement. I also have experience in serving as a Board member for a non-profit industrial association in China.

 



from Finalsite Academy News http://ift.tt/2GdIHZi

No comments:

Post a Comment