Thursday, March 22, 2018

Vincent Jiang

Vicent Jiang

Children at ISB: Grade 7

zjiang08@qq.com

1.

Please provide a brief statement of interest as to why you want to run for the Board.

 

I want to run for the ISB board so I can be more involved in my children’s education and improve how my children and many other children can learn and thrive at ISB. I am the father of two girls. My 13-year-old is at the 7th grade. My 8-year-old is currently at another school for its bilingual program and we expect to transfer her to ISB as well. I have a long-term commitment to ISB.

While there are many different ways to be part of a child’s education, I feel it can be more constructive for me to be on the board of the very school to which my daughters attend. This will give me an opportunity to understand exactly how the class room teaching and school administration are conducted in practice, how these may impact students’ learning, and how I may guard the school’s value that is cherished by all ISB parents.

I had extensive legal experience, and I volunteered to be a board appointed member when there was a vacancy last year for a lawyer. I understand the member finally appointed will leave this year and the board may need another lawyer, so I am volunteering again.

 

2.

In what ways have you supported ISB and/or other schools your children have attended?

 

Before transferring to ISB two years ago, my 13-year-old was at Fang Cao Di International School. I was a member of the school PTA’s standing committee, and actually the only dad in this group, while the rest were all mums. I was also the only member of its bus committee. I did a significant amount of work on behalf of parents to help improve the school’s bus operations. For example, I negotiated and drafted agreements between the parents and a third-party bus operator and helped coordinate the bus schedules.

 

3.

How will your skills and prior experience (volunteer or paid) benefit the Board of Trustees and ISB?

 

I am currently the CFO of Cheetah Mobile Inc., an internet company listed on the New York Stock Exchange. Previously, I was a corporate lawyer at Skadden, a top Wall Street law firm, and I am still a member of the New York bar. Before that, I was an engineer at a Fortune 500 automotive company in the U.S. I received my Juris Doctor degree from Cornell Law School, M.S. from Penn State University, and M.S. and B.S. from Tsinghua University.

During my legal career, I led a number of companies’ IPOs in the United States and then advised those companies on legal compliance and corporate governance matters. I have designed many companies’ governance rules and drafted their corresponding constitutional documents. I am also one of the founders of Chinese Business Lawyer Association, a non-profit organization in the New York State.

I believe the fundamental principles of good governance is the same for both non-profit school and for-profit corporations. I hope my experience in law, finance and corporate governance can make meaningful contributions to the ISB Board of Trustees in its efforts to develop school policies, set future strategies and maintain financial stability.

 



from Finalsite Academy News http://ift.tt/2pxWHmp

No comments:

Post a Comment