Thursday, March 22, 2018

Cherry Wu

Cherry Wu

Children at ISB: Kindergarten, Grade 6 & 8

cherry.wu@outlook.com

1.

Please provide a brief statement of interest as to why you want to run for the Board.

 

I love and respect ISB. It is a great organization that has served over a thousand families. Over the past few years, I’ve devoted as much time and energy as I was able to be of service to the school. Now, I want to continue to serve the school as a member of the board of trustees.

I’ve always been a social and dynamic person, while I was a student I was keenly involved in volunteer service. That hobby developed and carried over into my professional career, as I am very active in professional networking and industry groups.

I’ve also had the privilege to contribute and be challenged as the PTA president, and I am eager to further dedicate to the school while taking on new challenges as a member of the board of trustees.

 

2.

In what ways have you supported ISB and/or other schools your children have attended?

 

Whether it was getting involved with committees—board election committee, food committee, strategic planning committee, etc—or as head of the PTA for the past two years, I’ve been honored to have had the opportunity to get deeply involved in school activities.

During this period, some of which were challenging but all were fulfilling, I hope I contributed half as much as I learned and benefited from getting involved in the school community.

I took the responsibility and initiative to help out with a lot of different charity projects; one of the more prominent projects that I had helped organize was setting up a blood drive for one of our teachers at ISB. Blood donations didn't only come from ISB but were spread out from all different international families in Shun-Yi.

As the PTA president, I set up standard procedures and guidelines, yearly auditing, etc.

 

3.

How will your skills and prior experience (volunteer or paid) benefit the Board of Trustees and ISB?

 

My skills learned while volunteering in the PTA gave me a solid and in-depth overview of the perspectives of parents’ views from the international and Korean communities, to the local and returnees Chinese communities. I’m well-versed on parents’ hopes and fears are; therefore, I can serve as a valuable member of the board to serve as the conduit for these views.

As an award-winning entrepreneur, I’ve learned valuable lessons across a spectrum of business challenges whether it be visioning, operations, finance, communications, or working within teams which I can bring to the table as a board member

Lastly, as a native Chinese speaker, but also an acute linguist, I bring fluency in both English and Chinese languages that can help to bridge, understand, and communicate with the international communities both linguistically and culturally.

 



from Finalsite Academy News http://ift.tt/2DLDq60

No comments:

Post a Comment