Thursday, March 22, 2018

Francis Ng

Francis Ng

Children at ISB: Grade 8 & 10

Francis_icloud@me.com

1.

Please provide a brief statement of interest as to why you want to run for the Board.

 

I would like to express my interest in becoming a board member with ISB Board of Trustees. As a father of two, both my daughter Anna, and my son David are currently attending ISB in grade 10 and grade 8 respectively. I have seen their academic and personal growth and improvement since their attendance here. I have much appreciated the times picking them up from school and listening to them gush about what a wonderful day they had, how much they loved their teachers, and how much they enjoyed learning at ISB. I want to be supportive and work to enhance this great experience with my children throughout their school years, and more importantly, I want to help to make sure that the same kind of inspiring experience continues to grow for other students and their families. I believe in the importance and value of ISB to the students’ education, and will endorse ISB’s mission without reservation. I understand that being a board member requires serious commitment, and I am willing to become an active board member, to commit sufficient amount of time, to be well prepared for all meetings, and to collaborate with other board members to ensure running an effective and efficient Board.

 

2.

In what ways have you supported ISB and/or other schools your children have attended?

 

In addition to being a current parent at ISB and the daily duties involved, I have a deep personal attachment to ISB. I was served as the interim CFO to ISB during 2000-2002, and witnessed the transition of ISB from an ambassador school to its current stage. I was deeply involved in the communication with the government, tax bureau, and education bureau, and the establishment of the financial system during the transition period of ISB. Therefore, I understand the vision, mission and core values of ISB, and I believe that this would be much valuable to me and the Board if I could serve as a board member in the future. My desire to serve as a contributing member on ISB’s Board has been a personal goal of mine for some time, and I have been actively participated in related events and activities over the past couple of years. For example, I was a former member of the Election Task Force in 2016 and oversaw the Board selection process for 2017, together with three board members, three academic staffs and two other parents. In September 2017, when there was a replacement board member vacancy became available, I also applied for the position. My passion to serve has grown over the years and I hope to continue volunteering my time and efforts to support the Board and ISB.

 

3.

How will your skills and prior experience (volunteer or paid) benefit the Board of Trustees and ISB?

 

I have extensive experience in Board administration and excellent leadership skills that would benefit the Board of Trustees and ISB. Over the past 20 years, I have been holding board member positions in several stock listed companies where I help the companies and board to develop long-term strategic plans and policies and guide their implementation. I am currently an executive director of Kingsoft Corporation, an independent non-executive director of Sany Heavy Equipment International Holdings Company, and an independent non-executive director and the chairman of the audit committee of E-Commodities Holdings. In addition, I am also an expert in financial management which would help to ensure the financial health of ISB. I was graduated from the University of Hong Kong with a Master of Science degree in Global Business Management and E-commerce. I am a professional accountant, and a fellow member of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. In the past, I have been holding core financial management positions at several companies, including PricewaterhouseCoopers, IRICO Group Electronics, China Huiyuan Juice, and NT Pharma Group. I am currently serving as the CFO for Kingsoft Corporation, a Hong Kong listed company. I have been taken this position since 2012, and responsible for running a financially effective and sustainable company. In addition, I understand that being a board member requires serious commitment, and I am willing to become an active board member and allocate sufficient amount of time to convey my passion here. I have already stepped down from a number of paid independent director positions and ready to fully commit my time and resources to the Board and ISB.

 



from Finalsite Academy News http://ift.tt/2pxhTZR

No comments:

Post a Comment