Thursday, March 22, 2018

Gabriella Eitingon

Gabriella Eitingon

Children at ISB: Grade 1 & 3

greitingon@yahoo.com

1.

Please provide a brief statement of interest as to why you want to run for the Board.

 

My family chose ISB because we want our children to learn in a forward-thinking environment that challenges students to reach their full potential. I have had the privilege of serving as a selected trustee of ISB this year and have seen first-hand the commitment, collaboration and strategic work of our board members. It is exciting and rewarding work that I hope to continue for years to come. Board governance and policy-making may seem far removed from the work of educating children, but I believe that sound governance and policies provide the framework that allows our teachers and administrators to do the work of fulfilling ISB’s mission. Our school has a 36-year history and tradition of excellence, but there is no room for complacency. As parents, we understand the importance of our children adopting a growth mindset and we must make sure that we hold ourselves to the same standard. I am proud to work alongside a board that applies this standard to its work to ensure that ISB continues to operate with a strong foundation for our children and for the future students of ISB.

 

2.

In what ways have you supported ISB and/or other schools your children have attended?

 

Now in my family’s second year at ISB, I get to watch my young dragons make the connection between what they learn in the classroom and the outside world. Our children are learning and feel good about their school, but I also want them to understand that school is even better when you participate as a member of the community. That is what I have found as a parent and what I hope they will find as they grow at ISB. Currently, I am serving through the end of the school year as a selected member of the Board of Trustees. I also volunteer by assisting with inventory and sales at the Dragon’s Den. My prior school volunteer experience includes everything from tactical roles like room parent and fundraiser marketing chair to more long-term strategic service on the School Advisory Council of Hillcrest Foreign Language Academy in Orlando, Florida.

 

3.

How will your skills and prior experience (volunteer or paid) benefit the Board of Trustees and ISB?

 

Having worked extensively with non-profit organizations in the past, I enjoy collaborating on strategic initiatives and oversight designed to make sure organizations have the capability to carry out their missions. My early career in the non-profit sector prompted me to obtain a master’s degree in public policy from UCLA. This experience sparked a passion in me for capacity building and quality policy-making at non-profit organizations. My most recent professional background includes managing government and community relations for the Orlando tourism board and implementing community relations and marketing initiatives for IKEA Orlando and IKEA USA’s retail expansion division. Using a mixture of public relations, marketing and policy analysis skills, I analyze issues and policies to identify results, potential unintended consequences and how policies may affect the various stakeholders. As someone who has served as a selected trustee for the 2017/2018 year, I understand the strategic nature of board service and the time commitment required to contribute actively to the Board. It is not easy work, but it is rewarding work and I am prepared to continue serving with passion and commitment.

 



from Finalsite Academy News http://ift.tt/2ufujv6

No comments:

Post a Comment